Halitosis, more commonly referred to as bad breath, refers to an unpleasant odor from your mouth. It is often caused by poor oral hygiene, but it may also be a sign of a far more serious ailment. Everything from the foods you eat to bad habits you keep can all play a critical role as risk factors for bad breath. For more advice about bad breath, consider the following:
– Dry mouth can contribute to bad breath.
– Neglected or incorrectly cleaned dentures can also cause bad breath.
– Even though bad breath may be the result of a more severe condition that requires advanced treatments, common forms of bad breath can be treated with mouthwash, which tends to work very well to freshen breath and improve your smile.
– Bad breath is often caused by improper brushing and flossing.
– Bad breath has been linked to problems such as periodontal disease, respiratory tract infections, liver problems, kidney problems, and tooth infections.
– Bad breath can be the result of plaque buildup or food residue in your mouth.
If you are concerned about bad breath and would like to schedule a visit at Langworthy Family Dentistry, simply call our office in Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, at 919-762-3239. Dr. Jessica G. McConnell, DDS and Dr. Daniel J. Woolf, and our entire team await. Come in today and improve your smile with our help.