Dr. Kristen Langworthy and Dr. Jessica McConnell perform oral cancer screenings as part of your regular dental cleanings and exams. This simple screening allows us to diagnose oral cancer and other dental diseases in the early stages of development when they are easier to treat. We invite you to call Langworthy Family Dentistry at 919-762-3239 to schedule an appointment with one of our caring dentists and learn more about the benefits of oral cancer screening.
Oral cancer includes cancers affecting tissues in the area of the mouth. This includes the lips, tongue, floor of the mouth, cheeks, throat, sinuses, and hard and soft palates. Common symptoms of oral cancer include:
- A persistent sore throat
- Feeling as if something is caught at the back of your throat
- Unexplained oral bleeding
- Persistent sores on the face, neck or mouth
- Unexplained loss of feeling, pain or numbness in the face, neck or mouth
- Ear pain
- Difficulty chewing, speaking or swallowing,
- Changes in the fit of your dentures or your bite
- Ear pain
- Lumps, bumps or rough spots on the gums and other areas of the mouth
- Red and white tissues in the mouth
We strongly encourage you to continue visiting our office regularly to receive oral cancer screenings. While oral cancer is one of the more easily treatable forms of cancer when diagnosed early, it can be life-threatening if not diagnosed or treated. We are committed to diagnosing oral cancer and similar problems as early as possible so that you can receive the care you need to regain your health.
If you have any questions about oral cancer screenings and to make an appointment with one of our experienced dentists, call our office today.