Enjoy your holidays with a healthy smile. Our fantastic team of dentists at Langworthy Family Dentistry is here to ensure your holiday season goes off without a hitch. Oral accidents are common this time of year, so take the proper steps to protect and strengthen your teeth for this season, and many more to come.
Here are just a few of the safety procedures you should use to keep your smile healthy:
– Don’t bite down on anything that can easily chip or crack teeth, such as icicles or jumbo candy canes.
– Be sure to brush and floss with extra care if you enjoy holiday sweets such as chewy candy, candy canes, peppermint bark, peanut brittle, popcorn balls, or gummy sweets. Many holiday snacks can easily stick to your teeth and gums and are more difficult to remove.
– If you are looking for a great snack to enhance your smile, sugarless gum has been shown to fight against the effects of cavities when chewed for over 20 minutes after a meal.
– Avoid sugary drinks that seek to promote tooth decay.
– Protect your teeth with a mouth guard or facemask from dangerous outdoor activities such as skiing, sledding, hockey, and ice skating.
If you have suffered from an oral accident or simply wish for a professional cleaning from our dentists, please contact our office in Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina at 919-762-3239. You can also schedule an appointment with Drs. McConnell and Woolf. We look forward to making your smile merry for the holidays!